Vehicle Edit & Clone Support

Vehicle Edit & Clone Support

We are having a LAN with mates soon and want to test out T&T with more than 2 players. On that note, we have been sprinting towards ironing out the final big pain points.

What would that be you ask?
I'm glad you asked... seeing as I planted the idea that you in fact did want to ask in the first place! If not, tough! But you already know as the title has given it away: Bug free (I hope!) support for editing a vehicle's route as well as the ability to clone a vehicle.


The vehicle panel (left side of the screen) has some snazzy looking tool buttons that provides access to: (1) locate and follow the vehicle, (2) edit the vehicle, (3) clone the vehicle, (4) delete the vehicle.

Clicking edit or clone will bring up the dialog you see on the right which shows where the train will stop and what will be unloaded and loaded at each stop. This is now editable once the vehicle has been setup, which should allow for some good micro to optimize profit!

Project Management

Another thing I have been sorting out is improving the project management tools so that we can better have in idea of where we are at in the grand scheme of things. I sat down at did some research on how to better use JIRA (our project management tool). During this process I've cleaned up the tasks and started compiling a list of what tasks need to go into 0.1 (our first release).

This has provided the following stats:
Version 0.1 currently has 168 fixed issues, 5 are in progress, and there are 32 left to do. This finally gives us some idea in to when a release may occur, but I will keep my opinions to myself for now as I know just how fast things can get thrown off schedule.

Social Media & Marketing

One thing I struggle with is handling the plethora of social media websites when it comes to keeping them all in sync, particularly when posting this blog. We have been using a tool that works reasonably well in picking up when a new blog is posted and forwarding it to our subreddit, Facebook page, Twitter and what not. The poorest result has been with Twitter where it simply posts a URL and no further hashtags, which is fine for our followers but not so good for getting the word out about our awesome game.

To this end, I started working on my own tool to improve this process. Now when I post a blog, I will be able to run this tool and have it automatically post to all the social media pages we have. This will save a good deal of time and help keep you all updated on your favourite social media platform of choice.

Unfortunately during testing, my code escaped and posted on a few matrix channels by accident - ops!




Something lighthearted to leave with you:

https://twitter.com/01lifeleft/status/958744270151667712https://twitter.com/01lifeleft/status/958744270151667712

 




Popular posts from this blog

Open-sourcing Trains & Things (and our other projects)

Trains & Things Official Announcement

Editor & Mod Tools Released